Friday, August 3, 2012

Fashion Friday: Uncycling old Tshirts

These last couple days I have talked to several people about what to do with old tshirts that have gotten too big. I even agreed to have a little "how to" class with some friends to show them how I have upcycled some old ones of my own. Then yesterday a fellow blogger posted a pic of piles of clothes that were too big, and it inspired a genius idea! Fashion Friday :)

So this is my first, of what is going to be weekly, Fashion Friday post. Each post will be about something fashion related that I love. I will also try to, somehow, relate it back to fitness or a healthy lifestyle.

Today's theme is upcycling old tshirts. I have gotten really into this the last couple weeks, which is probably good since we're broke and most of my shirts are too big. lol So far I have made 4 (3 different styles) of them, the last of which I made last night and am currently wearing. All of these shirts I wear as workout shirts, but the grey and purple (the one I'm wearing) ones I also wear in everyday life. All the patterns, all two of them, I got from pinterest.

Most of the patterns say to use old, crew neck, men's tshirts. But I have found you can make just about anything work.

This has become my favorite workout shirt. This is the first style I tried, and I have made two of them. I used an old crew neck for this one. You can find a tutorial here:



This is a variation of the above style. I used a scoop neck shirt for this one. The way I varied it is: 1. I simply cut the off the neckline then left it as is. 2. I took the back V wider and deeper. 3. Instead of wrapping I simply used the bottom hem to tie a bow at the top of the V:


This is the one I made last night and am wearing right now. I used an old V-neck and simply cut the neck line out. You can find a tutorial here:



Have you upcycled any shirt, or anything else? Do you enjoy it? Let me know if you try any of these!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok so on another note, tomorrow is the Sacramento Color Run!!! I am so excited. It also means I will be heading to Portland, Or tomorrow afternoon, and I haven't even started packing yet...


Mileage Goal: 16+
Bodypump Goal: 2x

Mileage w2d: 14.38
Bodypump w2d: 1x (class at 3pm)
I better have my list done before be tonight because leave right after the Color Run tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment