Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Weekly Chase 8/20-8/27 & 30 Day Shred start info

 
It has been such an insane week already and it's only Tuesday... BUT I am taking the time to make my Weekly Chase Goals (even if I was supposed to post this yesterday lol). If you haven't heard of the Weekly Chase that the wonderful Ms. Melissa does over at Live Love Run does you should really go check it out. It's an awesome way to set and stay accountable to your goals, even if you don't blog.
Ok, so last week I didn't set any goals because it was an insane week of getting back from vacation, my older daughter Chi starting preschool, and dealing with my stupid sore ankle. But how I usually do it is I set 3 goals: a mileage (for walking to be included it has to be at at least a 10 incline) goal, a strength goal, and a daily life goal.
This weeks goals:
  1. Mileage goal: I am going to keep this at 15. My ankle is just getting better (I figured out what the deal with it was!!)
  2. Strength Goal: 30 day shred everyday, taking Saturday as a rest day
  3. Daily Life Goal: Deal with my Vibrams at REI
On a little side note, and an explanation of #3, I figured out how I messed up my ankle. It did have to do with running on the old treadmill at the hotel fitness room in Seattle, but it was also largely because my Vibrams are too big.
This is the anatomy of the bottom of my new Vibrams. I bought them for trail runs, mud runs, etc. The issue with them being too big is, see the wonderful arch protector? Well that thing was my arch in the wrong spot, causing serious pain in my foot and putting stress on ankles that already have issues. How do I know this is the reason, you may ask. I wore my other Vibrams, the ones I have been wearing for the last 8 months, while doing my 30 Day Shred this morning and didn't have any issues.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
30 Day Shred Start Info


Ok, again, I should have posted this yesterday when I actually started my shred but yesterday was insane beyond words. I didn't even get my shred in until 2130 (930pm for all you civilians ;) lol). I was actually a little shocked at how intense the shred felt yesterday and today. I'm not gonna lie, I was expecting to be able to just blow through it. Man was that a joke! I barely made it through yesterday, and had to do half the push ups on my knees today... Today's calorie burn for my shred was 251cals. I am also trying to schedule a bodyfat % test, hopefully by the end of the week. I am really excited to see my changes.

My Day 1 measurements:
Weight:121.5lbs
Bicep: 10"
Pecs: 31.75"
Chest: 30.75" (see I'm not lying when I say my pecs are bigger than my boobs...)
Waist: 25"
Hipbones: 31.75"
Hips(5" below hipbone): 37"
Thigh (6" above knee): 20"
Calf (8" above anklebone): 13.75"

A couple notes on my measurements. I measured things I wanted to track the change in. For the last three measurements, the inches above or below aren't technical places to measure or anything, it's just so I measure in the same spot lol. My weight will probably go up. I am typically at between 122-125lb but with how busy I have been and the stress I've been dealing with I have been forgetting to eat, but that is an issue for tomorrow's post.

My Day 1 Pics:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mileage Goal: 15+
Strength Goal: 30DS 6x

Mileage w2d: 3.34
Strength w2d: 30ds 2x
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS
I started my first job since Feb '10 last night!! I am pretty stoked to work at Starbucks!
PPS
Those pants are my first pair of "skinny"s (which is a HUGE deal coming from a self proclaimed skinny jean hater!), AND they are a smaller size than I have worn EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment