Wednesday, August 1, 2012

What's your body type?

Which are you?

Do you know your body type? I'm not talking about your body SHAPE (pear, hour glass, etc.), I am talking about your somatotype. Ok, so I can almost see the blank looks on most of your faces that says you have NO IDEA what I am talking about. There a three basic somatotypes: Endomorph, Ectomorph, and Mesomorph. I found some pretty good explanation on wikipedia and brainyweightloss about somatotypes. Click the links if you are interested in more details, but here is a basic explanation of each one:
  • Ectomorph: characterized by long and thin muscles/limbs and low fat storage. Ectomorphs are not predisposed to store fat or build muscle.
  • Mesomorph: characterized by medium bones, solid torso, low fat levels, wide shoulders with a narrow waist. Mesomorphs are predisposed to build muscle but not store fat.
  • Endomorph: characterized by increased fat storage, a wide waist and a large bone structure. Endomorphs are predisposed to storing fat.

  • I personally am a mesomorph, I took this test to figure it out. The test is really basic, and knowing my body type has given me real expectations of what my body is capable of looking like. None of these body types are superior to the other.

    I think realistic expectations are something that most women struggle with. They want to look like something that their makeup is predisposed against. Learning my body type really helped me to understand I would never be long and lean, and I would never be voluptuous. But I could build up my muscle and maintain it pretty easily. So because I want everyone to have a more realistic expectation of what their body type can look like here are some pictures of famous people from each type.

    Ectomorph
    Keira Knightley

    Cameron Diaz

    Gwyneth Paltrow


    Mesomorph
    Jessica Biel

    Sarah Jessica Parker

    Arnold Schwarzenegger (just for fun ;) )


    Endomorph
    Selma Hayek

    Marilyn Monroe

    Beyonce


    See what I mean about no type being better than the other. Each one has its own distinct beauty.

    Here is a sight for each type that has some workout deatils: Ectomorph, Mesomorph, and Endomorph

    Did you take the test? What was your body type? Was it what you expected? Let me know!!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Mileage Goal: 15+
    Bodypump goal: 2x

    Mileage w2d: 10.88
    Bodypump w2d: 1x

    Don't even ask how my pre-vacation list is coming along.......




    2 comments:

    1. I took the test and I'm a mesomorph, too. I figured I would be, but it was cool to take the test anyway. Thanks for sharing the workout links! It is important to remember we're all beautiful in our own way and no look is better than another. xo

      ReplyDelete
    2. Yes, this is a good post without any doubts. You are doing really a great Job. I inspired from you. So keep it up!!
      https://blog.mindvalley.com/body-type-quiz/

      ReplyDelete