Friday, August 24, 2012

Feeling a bit random...

This post is going to be a bit random, just to warn everyone. Lol

I went and did my body fat % test this morning. It was nice to finally see exactly where I am at. I was actually extremely happy with my results! The last time I did the test was in march and I was nervous I was going to see a higher % than I saw last time, even though I know I have lost weight and I can see more definition. But I have gone down from 19.6% to 19.1%. The part the shocked me the most was it says I weigh 120.4lbs.

If I am remembering my numbers from last time correctly that means I have lost around 6lbs of just body fat since the last time I tested. That astounds me! I didn't realize my workouts were that affective. lol oh, and something else that is crazy is I stopped dieting in April. Needless to say I'm pretty proud.

I really feel like my body has changed drastically since I started running more seriously. I feel I have more overall definition than I did before, even if I am doing less strength work. They say running is the best full body workout you can do, and I am by far starting to agree. My calves have never looked this good, and my thighs have gotten pretty tight and defined as well. Basically my legs have become what I always wanted them to look like. I have definitely fallen in love with my thunder thighs. A lot of people who give me crap for calling them that, because as far as measurement goes they aren't very big. But, my quads are huge (and I only plan on building them up more!) and I love them.

I am actually hoping to go on a run once I finish writing this. The weather is perfect, Chase is home, my kids are sleeping, AND I exchanged my Vibrams today!

Oh man. Let me just tell you how much I love REI. That store has never done me wrong. I honestly cannot think of a time when I was upset by anything or anyone at any REI location. But here is the latest awesomeness from them. I went in today to exchange my Vibrams, because, as I mentioned the other day, they were a size two big and causing serious pain in my ankle. I was pretty nervous there would be some kind of problem, for several reasons. First, I bought them almost 3 weeks ago and they had OBVIOUSLY been worn. Second, I didn't have my receipt or the box. But when I went up and told the cashier the issue, she simply pulled up my REI member info (a great reason to be a member FYI), told me to go find the size I need and we could do the exchange. That was it. No "Let me talk to my manager" or anything. It was so painless I'm still in shock. Basically, if you don't shop at REI, you should, and invest in an REI membership, it is beyond worth it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mileage goal: 15+
Strength goal: 30DS 6x

Mileage w2d: 14.89mi
Strength w2d: 30DS 4x

I saw this pic at Macy's today and had to share it

No comments:

Post a Comment