Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Running Adventures

I have been doing my best to get my mileage in while on vacation. I'm not gonna lie, it's actually been easier because I haven't had to worry about my girls while I'm running.

I went running this morning in Seattle, down on the waterfront, and they were doing tons of construction. Needless to say the path they usually have for bikes and running was all screwed up and they had very poorly marked detour paths. So I did what I would normally do, set my eyes on the guy in front of me who looked like he knew the area and just followed him.

I should have known, I should have recognized the under armour shirt he was wearing since my husband has the EXACT same one that he wears with his uniform. But I was running, not thinking, and didn't even notice. I didn't notice until we went through the gate of the US Coast Guard base in Seattle...

The gate guard didn't even stop me, he simply smiled at me as I ran past. I stopped when I saw signs for the exchange, the gym, etc. Looking around I realized I really was on a base... But I had my military ID on me, so I went exploring. Lol No one ever stopped me, but I did almost hit up the gym. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mileage goal:15+
Jillian Michaels: 2x

Mileage w2d: 13.93
Jillian Michaels: 0


1 comment:

  1. stopping to say hello from a fellow SPA SISTER!! great blog here!!!

    ReplyDelete