Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I may be obsessed...


I may or may not be having a bit of a fitness love affair with Jillian Michaels... I own 5 of her 10 fitness dvds, her dumb bell set, and got all nerdy excited when I saw she has a kettlebell 5-10-15lb set too.

So I am finally back from "vacation", and am pretty sure I need a vacation to recover from it. The only time I truly got to relax was while I was camping last weekend. But it was so worth it, I got to do some awesome runs. Even if I did come home with two sick kids and a messed up ankle. Luckily my older daughter recovered just in time to go to her first day of Preschool today :) It is so hard to believe she is already that old.

While I was in Portland I picked up two more Jillian dvds: 30 day shred (since mine has disappeared) and Yoga Meltdown (I have been talking about trying yoga for awhile). I don't know what it is about Jillian, but I just love her. Her dvds are the only ones I can do day after day and not want to punch the person on the dvd in the face. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that she owns the fact that working out is tough, and that it can suck sometimes, but you have to fight through it to get results. I am really excited about the addition of Yoga to my collection.

I have been pretty sad about my ankle. I promised my body I would take the week off from running to try and let it heal, but I needed the stress relief only a workout brings. It was mental power struggle not to go running today, so I decided to try Yoga Meltdown instead. I loved it.

Normally I hate yoga. I've done it maybe a handful of times and never even remotely enjoyed it... But something about the way Jillian puts it together in the dvd made it enjoyable. Don't get me wrong, it was hard, and I was once again reminded that my balance sucks... But, I got through it and my body feels way looser than it did when I started. I was stretching muscles I didn't even know I had, and could really feel it in my inner thighs (YES!!! They could use some tightening...lol) Basically, what I am trying to say is it was an awesome workout and I will definitely be doing it again.

I know I said I would be starting my 30 day shred challenge today, but life got crazy and my ankled got screwed so I am planning on starting on Monday. I will post details about it tomorrow for anyone who is interested in joining me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment