Thursday, August 2, 2012

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

I am a super big fan of Jillian Michaels. She is a no nonsense, get results or die trying type of person. My friend was talking about starting strength training and a bunch of people suggested this wonderful 30 day shred. This shred is what I always suggest to people when they are trying to loose weight and are ready to "get more serious", ok I actually tell EVERYONE they should do it... lol How do I know it's so fantastic? I did it back in January, and the results were amazing. I lost 5lbs and a total of 8.65 in. I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but visually it made a lot of difference.

My suggestions for the shred are this:
  1. Take a picture before you workout on day 1 (I like to measure, weigh, and take the pics first thing in the morning, after going to the bathroom, to get a number that is affected by as little variables as possible)
  2. Measure yourself before you workout on day 1. I measured my weight, true waist, my hip bones (aka love handles), hips, thigh, bust, bicep, neck
  3. Measure (and take a picture if you want, I always forgot...) yourself on the day you start each new level
  4. Take a final picture and measurement the day after you finish all 30 days
  5. I really suggest only doing the shred 6 days a week, and giving yourself that rest day. It helps, I promise
When you start the shred, you will be sore. I hate to say it, but it is true. BUT after day 4(ish) it's like your body flips a switch or something and the soreness goes away (well most of it anyway). So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stick with it if you start. It will be worth it I promise!

Ok so here are my measurements:
Day1:
  • Weight: 134.5lbs
  • True Waist: 25.75in
  • Hip Bones: 35in
  • Hips: 39.5in
  • Thigh: 22in
  • Bust: 31.5in
  • Bicep: 11.5in
  • Neck: 12in
End lvl 1:
  • Weight: 131lbs
  • True waist: 25in (-.75)
  • Hip Bones: 33.75in (-1.25)
  • Hips: 38.5in (-1)
  • Thigh: forgot to measure...
  • Bust: 32in (+.5)
  • Bicep: 10.75in (-.75)
  • Neck: 12in (0)
Total loss lvl 1: 3.5lbs and approx 3.25 inches

End lvl 2:
  • Weight: 128lbs (-4)
  • True Waist: 24.5 (-.5)
  • Hip Bones: 32.75in (-1)
  • Hips: 37.5in (-1)
  • Bust: 31in (-1)
  • Thigh: 21in (-1 from beginning)
  • Bicep: 10in (-.75)
  • Neck: 11.5in (-.5)
Total loss lvl 2: 4lbs and approx 5in

End lvl 3/Final measurements:
  • Weight: 129.5lbs (I remember this pissing me off!! I was super bloated...)
  • True Waist: 24.5in (0)
  • Hip Bones: 32.6in (-.15)
  • Hips: 37in (-.5)
  • Bust: 31in (0)
  • Thigh 20.5in (-.5)
  • Bicep: fail....
  • Neck:11.5 (0)
Total change this level: up 2.5lbs..., down approx 1.15 inches
Total change: down 5lbs, down approx 8.65 inches



I also want to say that the 30 day shred isn't just for people who are looking into getting into shape, it is a great thing for already fit and active people to do to change things up. In fact, I am thinking of doing it AGAIN. Anyone up for a 30 day shred challenge?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mileage Goal: 15+
Bodypump Goal: 2x

Mileage w2d: 14.38
Bodypump w2d: 1x (going tomorrow afternoon)
Happy to say my pre-vacation list is SLOWLY getting done...

1 comment: